Saturday 19 March 2011

Beadtastic!

Today marked the 2nd beading for beginners workshop in the garden kitchen tearoom. And being such a good host, I thought it was about time I tried beading out for size!

The classes are lovingly organised and taken by Kara McCullough - a lovely lady who works in Rowallane Gardens.

Our back room was set up with multiple pairs of pliers and ready to go!
My Mum joined me, and the lovely Deborah and Lynne from Castleward, sat with us!
After a quick run down by Kara - we all leapt in with gusto - however some people caught on faster than others! lol!
The level on concentration is apparent on the faces!
Everyone went away with a number of bespoke pieces. With what seemed like hundreds of different beads to choose from, it was easy to find some that suited you! And Kara was on hand with friendly help and advice when it all went wrong!

I really enjoyed my morning - and everyone else seemed to have a whale of a time too - I hope we see many more of these workshops :)

If you fancy learning how to make some beautiful, personal pieces - you can get in touch with Kara via her Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beading-Bliss/180989881932455


No comments:

Post a Comment