Thursday 3 March 2011

Wheaten Bread Bakers - Rowallane Pottery


I love this time of the year, the pick up in weather is apparent in every ones moods and actions, and it starts to motivate me to get a move on!

During the week, the gardens are still relatively peaceful, allowing me the luxury of playing around, while my brain comes out of hibernation!

Today I decided it was about time we started to use our wheaten bread bakers again! Matt the Potter, made a number of these for us last year, and since the summer disappeared, they have been gathering dust on a top shelf! I tumbled them down, and set to rinsing them out and oiling them again.
The moistness of the wheaten bread that appears outta these little guys never seizes to amaze me. I love the look of the little loaves poking outta the top of the bakers!

So I did what I thought best - took the little guys outside for some sun shine :D and to snap them in the best light with their flowery buddies!


And then set to trying it! And it wasnt disappointing!



These little bakers are brilliant for wheaten bread, however David has used them for a number of different white loaves, always with good results. Go and visit his blog or why not pop up to Rowallane Gardens and visit us both!

No comments:

Post a Comment